A New Project. . . Do You Like Old Fans?

Well hello dear friends...I'm back...with another project.

I just love refreshing/re-purposing old stuff...it is so much fun to see it transform into something beautiful again.

So this is my newest project an old box fan which I calculated is close to 40 years old...and it runs like a charm.  We have been using it quite a bit lately due to all the extremely warm weather we have been experiencing but oh my was it filthy and I won't show you that.
I began disassembling...handles, knob, screens front and back off you go.  Motor, fan out you go (oh dear will this dirt really come off?  It has never been cleaned)  I had to sand this baby, a little rust showing through.
I taped off the 'control' decal, I wanted to keep the original Kmart sticker though I think on my next revamp I will create a new decal.  I also taped off the little white rubber feet on the bottom.
The first coat of paint goes on like a breeze...of course you know I would choose this colour.  ISN'T IT FANTASTIC!!!!  I did do a second coat though I don't think it really needed it...good coverage with the rustoleum.

Et voila!  I am so pleased with how it cleaned up, it looks brand new and matches my kitchen.  I know what you're thinking 'You could have bought a new one for $30' but ah I wouldn't have got THIS colour nor would it have been as much fun.

I have another to paint...do you want to see it when it's finished?

Have a good one...Sheila.

6 comments:

  1. This turned out so cute. Love the color choice:) Sharing on my FB page tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried replying to you Dawn, it didn't seem to work. Thanks for the lovely comment and share.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Oh me too Christie, thanks for stopping in.

      Delete
  3. I'VE GOT A SMALLER VERSION OF THIS ONE THAT'S YEARS OLD. IT'S GRAY. BOY IT SURE WOULD LOOK GRAT PAINTED A NEW COLOR. MY AGE HOLDS ME BACK FROM NEW PROJECTS. DARN IT. GRANNY [FLORIDA]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making things look beautiful again. Yes, I find my energy level holds me back sometimes as to what I can get done, we all do what we can. Take care and thank you.

      Delete

Leave me a message

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails