Draw With Me - New Shoes?


Hello all, welcome and thanks for stopping by to see me.

I've taken a break from drawing after completing the Baby Shoes. . . I think it's good to have a bit of a break in between drawings to re-group. . . it definitely works for me.  I have to be able to clear the remnants of the previous work out of my head.  I usually jump into. . . something completely different (I hear Monty Python) so our income tax is complete and the rec room is definitely coming together. . . I can not believe how much 'STUFF' we have accumulated. . . now it's time. . . everything must go, well not every thing but a lot of it.

It's getting down to the nitty gritty now. . . I'm having a hard time trying to decide on what else must go.  Now is the time I need a 3rd party to help me make the tough decisions.

These are the fabulous shoes I want to draw.  They belonged to my Mom who was a shoe hound. . . when she passed away some 21 years ago we found 83 pairs of shoes in her closet. . . isn't that wonderful?  I miss her every day but have such wonderful memories that make me smile when I need to smile.

I will take a few photos of these beauties, different angles and decide on the one that grabs me most.  I'm finding it a little bit of a challenge to find a good angle for lighting as these are black velvet so there are very little high lights happening. . . more photos.

Have a wonderful week being creative.

Sheila


6 comments:

  1. Your mom's shoes are beautiful, and you'll be creating a wonderful memory of her with your drawing :-) Looking forward to following the next "Draw With Me" series :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, she was an awesome lady.

      Delete
  2. Your Mother's shoes are lovely. My Mother was a shoe hound too. She had boex of shoes that she had not even worn. I still have a plastic bin full. I have two pr of my grandmothers shoes. A pair that she wore for her wedding day in the early 1900's. They are so cool. Another pr that she had handmade for her when they were in Japan. I love shoes to, although my budget does not allow 85 pr! lol Looking forward to seeing your drawing of the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are beauties Susan just like she was. I think that is so funny that your Mom 'collected' shoes too. Your Grandmother's wedding shoes...wow! That is so cool. Ya, I don't have or can afford 85 pairs of shoes either though I do love to have shoes for every occasion.

      Delete
  3. Impressive! Good luck on getting rid of the 'stuff'. A monumental undertaking. I will be curious to see how you execute the drawing of these special shoes. A good challenge! Is it Imelda Marcos who had closets full of shoes??? Can't imagine it! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes we used to call Mom Imelda much to her chagrin. I still have to figure out what kind of angle to use for these shoes. Getting rid of the stuff is on going, a constant battle as I can see value in everything. I have to keep reminding myself that I only have so much space...keep the great stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails