Draw With Me - Completed


Hello and welcome my Artsies. . . can you believe I have completed my Baby Shoe drawing?

Well there you have it, you saw it at it's birth, through it's adolescence and finally here at it's completion. . . I am happy with the end product though I am never totally satisfied. . . there always seems to be just that little 'je ne c'est quoi' that is elusive but I imagine every artist feels that.

Once I felt I was finished I did go all over my drawing and erase down all the white spaces to clean it up. . . that's a fun step. . . it's like sweeping the kitchen floor after the dishes are done and the table is cleared. 

I will continue to tweak a little more here and there. . . adding a few more darks to my shadows and erasing my whites but I am very close.

You can use a fixative spray to help seal up the graphite though I don't always do this, I don't find it necessary. . . it is entirely up to you, I do recommend that you do a little research first.

I hope you have enjoyed my little step-by-step as much as I have enjoyed sharing with you.  I think I will begin another drawing very soon so stay tuned.

Sheila

PS  The winner from last week's Derwent pencil draw is Laura Daub. . . congrats Laura.  Thanks to all of you who took the time to stop by and share my little classroom. . . I loved corresponding with you all.  I see more giveaways in the future so make sure you stop by.


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece, Sheila and I've enjoyed seeing the process from start to finish! Thanks so much for the pencils! I can't wait to try them out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura and my pleasure. I'm glad you enjoyed my drawing process...I'm going to start another, it keeps me going and inspired. Thank you for commenting and sharing my posts, every little bit helps.

      Sheila

      Delete
  2. Wow the baby shoes look wonderful! They jump off the paper at me and display so much of their real character. When you say 'erase down all the white spaces', you mean primarily the white around the shoes? Does that include any white within the shoes, you just erase very precisely and use a shield? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, they were so much fun to do. Yes when I erase down I mean all the white space even outside my drawing space, I like to clean up the entire paper. It's amazing how subtle the graphite can spread. I do look at the high lights in the shoes as well and very carefully lift out what I can using my knead-able. I don't use shields so much but I've heard they are very useful. I use a paper shield for protecting my drawing as I draw.

      Delete
  3. I have so enjoyed your drawing lessons! Your drawing is so wonderful. thank you so much for teaching me!! Hope you do it again sometime soon. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, I am so glad to get to know you, albeit electronically, I do look forward to your comments as they are always so positive. I think I will continue with my drawing lessons, I'm going to begin a new drawing possibly with the graphitints this time.

      Delete
    2. How exciting. I am thankful that you share your knowledge, and that I have had a chance to get to know you too. without the internet we would never have met. Would love to sit down with a cup of tea and your company. I do not know what graphitints are.

      Delete
    3. Maybe one day in person Susan, I have a cousin in Cincinnati I should visit then we could meet for tea and talk art. Good idea thanks, I'll do a post on Graphitints.

      Delete
  4. You make drawing look so easy! I so wish I had your talent - you truly do have an amazing skill. Love the detail of these charming baby shoes, and I really don't see anything that needs tweaking! Thanks for sharing your drawing process, it was really interesting to see how you go from a piece of blank paper to a beautiful graphite drawing :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your kind words Kelly, and, oh my, have talent that I don't have. I do appreciate you taking the time to stop by and leave a comment for me. It's nice to hear that my work has touched you. Take care and we'll talk soon.

      Delete

Leave me a message

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails