12 March 2012

This Week In The Studio


Hello Art lovers. . . we put our clocks ahead over the weekend, you know spring ahead. . . how does it affect you?  I find morning a little difficult, it seems so much earlier. . . funny how your body/mind notices these things.

Nothing too exciting going on in the studio this week. . . I think a little Spring cleaning is in order, it's always a great thing for me to tackle periodically to regroup after the long gloomy days we've had over Jan/Feb/Mar.  Some of you may find it crowded, some may find it messy. . . all I can say is it works for me.  Do what works for you.  I love to see where creatives work. . . it gives me a sense of the person.

To give it a new look and a fresh start I will often move furniture and zones to change it up a bit. . . you know what they say 'A change is as good as a rest' this often inspires me.


You can see my work table, drafting table and my large oak desk where I store all my paper. . . I gave it a little cuteness by adding a polka-dot silk curtain to hide the storage underneath.

I think it's good for the soul to take a break from the regular and take stock, see where you're at. . . for me a fresh space makes me love my studio all over again.

Take care and have a lovely week