25 December 2011

Merry Christmas Friends


Hello my Artsy friends...so nice you could stop by...thanks.

My oldest son is home for Christmas so that is the best present I could imagine...my family being together gives me such a sense of calmness...I drink in these moments.

I was reminiscing the other evening thinking of when I was young.  My Mom cooking up a storm, making meat pie, preparing the turkey.  My Dad shoveling the umpteen centimetres of snow that would fall, my sister teasing the heck out of me.  I would get so excited thinking of Santa...going to midnight mass then...presents.  We would go visiting Christmas Eve...Aunts and Uncles, cousins and friends, neighbours.  This was just a time filler as far as I was concerned but now I understand and feel what my parents were trying to instill...the importance of family/friends and to appreciate our time together.  That is what I cherish the most now... being together and sharing a meal, sharing a moment.

I would like to take this moment to wish you a very Merry Christmas from my family to yours...I hope your day is peaceful and filled with love and joy.

God Bless
Sheila