Keeping inspired...and active.


A dear friend, Wendy of Dragonfly Dreams, asked me a while back if I would like to participate in a pages swap she was organizing...well why not, I haven't been involved in one of these before I thought, sounds like a good idea.  So I jumped in...feet first.

I love to get involved in new adventures but I often forget that in order to do a fabulous job it requires time, something I don't always have.  This was something different though, I wanted very much to try this challenge.  I knew it would be a great way to inspire my creativity, a nice diversion from my norm and if you find yourself stuck, a great way to jump start your block.

So a pages swap you say.  A brief description...you make as many pages as there are people participating (in our case we have 10), a specific size is chosen as is a theme...our theme was Black and White.  When complete we will exchange pages and I will have ten unique pages to include in a book or what ever you choose to do with them...so fun!  :)

I pondered my pages, unsure of how I would proceed but slowly they revealed themselves to me in my subconscious then one sleepless night I mentally constructed my layout, chose my materials and decided on what drawing I would include...I love when that happens.

I would definitely recommend this exercise to anyone who is having difficulty with their creativity.  I'm a firm believer in 'themes', often times it's the idea that is the hard part.

I hope you are inspired to create your own pages.

Sheila

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! And yes, always inspiring and challenging. I find I have a hard time turning down any swap opportunity. You learn so much and get cool stuff back too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH these look awesome. I'm just finishing my last one.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails