10 February 2011

Identify Yourself


It's important, as an artist, to make yourself standout from the rest.  To give people a little more so you stay in their minds...sometimes easier said than done but I've concluded 'every little bit helps'.

When I do shows I always seem to run out of business cards, people like business cards.  I'm not sure what they do with them...?  I try to make my cards stand out a little so people will remember me.  You know nice stock, colourful graphics but I was thinking I'd like to make them more of a gift as well...something that the person can use instead of throwing in a drawer. 

What to do, what to do...I racked my brain over this then I remembered an article I read a while back about an artist who last minute realized she had no business cards for a show and stamped her info on shipping tags...I liked this idea.

It's a lot of fun designing something that promotes your assets...who better to do it than the person who knows what you do best...you!  This gave me a chance to play.  I hauled out my inks and stamps ,a nice change from my pencils.  I love the look on my clients faces when I hand them a bookmark and a lovely bag for their purchases (something I make by hand) it's those little personal touches that I appreciate so I like to pass that on to my art friends.

This is what I came up with...bookmarks.

So that's my little peice of advice I wanted to pass on to you today...I hope it helps.

Have a beautifully, creative day.