29 March 2010

Just a few rocks


I haven't forgot about you guys but I have to tell you I've been very busy with my photography and my drawings. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in a day to get it all done, I know it's the same for you too right? I've also be trying to re-organize my studio so that it functions a little smoother, I've concluded I have too much stuff, think I will donate it to a women's home or a youth group, do you have an ideas on this?

This is a drawing I've been working on for a little while, coloured pencil takes much longer than graphite but oh so rewarding. Choosing the palette is so much fun, I find it funny how these choices change depending on the mood I'm in and the time of year (lighting is different).

This is a different view for me, I've done rocks before but not as the subject. In my 'Swallowtail' graphite drawing the background gravel was more abstract. Now with these smooth shore stones I wanted you to be able to feel the texture, so to speak, with your eyes.

I'll try to get back more frequently...wish me luck with getting the studio organized.