09 March 2020

MUNSTER SUNFLOWER



With this drawing I wanted to create a 'painting'.  To me, paintings were painted on canvases...so why not a pencil drawing on canvas?

Canvas paper is not very pencil friendly, it chews through them rather quickly and layering was challenging but with some patience and determination it is achievable.

For the most part I use Prismacolor pencils, my go to, I think because they were the pencil I learned with, I am comfortable with them.

I did a very limited Giclée printing (5 copies) of this sunflower as the cost does add up quickly. They are 13"x13" printed on canvas paper...sometimes difficult to tell which is the original.  I learned a long time ago to make your prints a different size than your original.

This drawing is available as printed card here.