07 August 2021

Perpetual Nature Journal



The Love of the natural world, my natural world.

For years I have taken photos of all the beautiful wildflowers that grow on our farm

but wanted to include my art as a way to record this beauty also.


I found Lara Gastiner's Perpetual Journal practice.


My perpetual journal uses a two-page spread for every week in the year which means you can

begin at any point during the year and only requires you to draw once a week,

if that's all the time you have or more if you wish.


I make my own journals with a mixed media paper so I can use wet or dry medium

which means my journal isn't too bulky to carry when out in the field.

I do use other journals and paper, it all depends on the mood I'm in.


I post my new journal entry every Wednesday on Instagram

#wildflowerwednesdayscs